The Practical Guide to Patchwork
About the Author
Elizabeth Hartman is a self-taught quiltmaker and pattern designer for modern sewing and quilting. Having grown up in a family that was always making things, she got hooked on quilting as soon as she tried it. She loves the play of color and pattern, the orderliness of the process, and, perhaps best of all, the reward at the end…a fantastic and functional piece. Elizabeth lives in Portland.
Quilting Basics with Modern Flair
- 12 quilt projects for beginners, confident beginners, and intermediates
- Explore different options for each project-make it with just two colors or scrappy, make it vintage or mod, make it soft or playful.
- Alternate colorways included with each project show you how swapping out fabrics can change the look of the same block.
- Learn how to cut, piece, appliqué, machine quilt, bind, and finish.
- Pick up helpful tips and tricks to stay organized and master the methods.
Try a fresh, relaxed approach to making quilts with this new “go-to” book. The bright aesthetic and clear, simple instructions guide beginners and intermediates alike through the entire process of creating fun and useful quilts that they’ll be proud to call their own.